Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I don't want to write a blog about writing because I know there are already a lot of writers doing that. I have pretty much the same mental and physical blocks and all of the insecurities that they have. I am plagued by thoughts of "what if they hate everything/anything I write, what if I am not good enough...blazi blah and soron and sofoth." Yes, I even have the same husband and kids swearing that they support my craft but making absobloodilutely sure that my hands and my head are never free to write anything longer than a grocery list.

But that's not what I am writing about. I am writing about where my journey into writing romance and erotica takes my flaming lily. So what, she asks, is a flaming lily? My flaming lily is my sexual force, you know like your Chi or your Num is your life force? Same concept. I used to take my flaming lily for granted until I was separated from it for a while. It doesn't sound right calling my flaming lily an "it", so my flaming lily will hereinafter be referred to as "she". Anyway, I thought my flaming lily was gone after I had my second baby and she left me a woman who didn't care if she had sex or not as long as it didn't wake the baby and who subjected her husband to poor-guy-looks-hopeful-let-me-give-him-some sex or one-bonus-position-only-coz-its-your-birthday sex. I thought I didn't mind the change in me until about six months later when Husband and I were lazing the evening away watching TV in our bedroom. The baby was in a deep milky slumber and I was propped up on the pillows. Husband was lying diagonally across the bed when I noticed how his bottom curved perfectly up and over in his sweatpants. My lily stirred and touched his bum with my foot to remind herself of its firmness and Husband clenched said rear end just the tiniest little bit to acknowledge my foot. In that moment my postpartum lily stretched, yawned, shook off her hibernation and reignited herself back into my flaming lily and Husband and I were rolling about the bed in mutual joy in no time.

I have since been very careful to observe how my environment affects my flaming lily. And that is what brings me to this blog. As I research for my erotic writing career, conceiving characters and mapping out stories my flaming lily reveals more of herself to me and this journey, my naughty sisters, is what I will be sharing with you beginning with the creation of my first story.

3 comments:

  1. Apart from loving this Madame Rudochete, you have horrified me into asking "Where, o where, is my "flaming lily"?...And if I don't know where she is, how could I even know how to call her because I don't even know her name!" Please keep writing - somehow I believe your unmatched gift will teach me how to begin my quest! Thank you in advance many times over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Anonymous:
    Perhaps if you take the time to name her... she will come. I will keep writing and thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours truly!! ya fav. sis-n-law!September 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM

    So.....my flaming lily never left. HA! And, frankly, kinda went a little out of control after the post-baby fog. What the freak is that about! I swear I have the sex drive of a man. Maybe its all those darn brothers. But I have more sisters than brothers. Who knows. Anyways I love love love this blog. You know I loves the sexy! Cant wait to read the STORY!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete