Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Feeling Fresh New Love

A friend of mine is in fresh new love. Her lily is in full flame and she is glowing with it. I get a contact high just from sitting next to her. I watch her carefully and warn her that I am stealing her every word and expression for my next story. I need to capture what she's feeling, all the excitement of love and attraction untainted by time. She swears she's "never felt like this before" and she asks me if that's how I first felt about Husband and if I did had the feeling lasted.

Husband comes home right then, looking clean and respectable with his tie off, top button undone and suit pants just snug enough to be sexy yet respectable. I can tell he's had a good day as soon as he shines his smile at me. I say yes, because at that moment that is just how I love him. I decide right there and then that tonight there will be some "special" marital attention.

I know that fresh new feeling isn't there all the time, it comes and goes - or I let it come and go - or he lets it come and go. I look at Miss Fresh New Love and realize that after ten years of being with Husband that having that fresh new feeling is a choice.

I've solved that for myself but I have a new question, my naughty sisters, it's a chicken or the egg thing what comes first the flaming lily or the fresh new love, fresh new love or flaming lily?

1 comment:

  1. Awww my darlin sistah I just celebrated my third year of marriage but we've been 2gether for 16 years. After massages, movies and vittles (with the children)we locked our door and "Scarlet Pimpernel" and hubby had some us time. I can truly say it is a re-freshing of new love with a pot full of flaming lily.

    ReplyDelete